Adventurous if you want to live an authentic adventure experience through the jungle while traveling the road to Machu Picchu, the Inca Challenge or Inca Jungle is your best option. It is a 4-day tour that combines sports, adventure and Inca archeology performing different sports. descent by bicycle, rafting and trekking routes along the paths of the Inca Trail; hot spring baths or zipline (zip line) in Santa Teresa.
DAY 1 : CUSCO – ABRA MALAGA – ALFAMAYO – HUAMANMARCA – SANTA MARIA (Biking + Rafting)
We pick you up from your hotel at around 7:30 am and travel by bus for approximately 3 hours to ABRA MALAGA OR ALFAMAYO(to be chosen) where we are going to start biking for about 2 hours we are enjoying beautiful sceneries of those mountains and along we are going to see many beautiful landscapes typical of the cloud forest of that region on the way we will have a chance to stop at huamanmarca (first archeological site) here you will have a good lunch then will have a short van ride that takes you to Santa Maria where we are going to spend the first night at hostal , enjoying the sunset of the Andes. * included Rafting vilcanota river once we get to Santa Maria , our rafting guide will be waiting ready to start a new adventure .this exciting journey will start in Santa Maria bridge, doing a journey of 2 hours through the Vilcanota Sacred River, there we will see beautiful landscapes, finding rapids of nomination 3 and 4 (dry season) becoming then a very exciting and awesome journey, here we will always have a safety kayak, to provide the security we need. Once the journey is done, a bus will be waiting for us to go back to Santa Maria where we will have dinner and spend our first night in a local hostel.
*included biking and rafting.
DAY 2: SANTA MARIA – COCALMAYO HOT SPRING – SANTA TERESA (Trekking)
At 06:30 am you wake up in order to enjoy our breakfast typical of the Inca jungle trek, after we will start hiking along the river bank then we climb to start the section of original Inca trail as we walk up and down precipitous cliffs over the stunning valley, your guide will explain about flora, fauna and Inca jungle history revealing some of what little we do know from this ancient and amazing culture. The Inca trail descends to Quellomayo where the group will stop for lunch and have free time to relax in hammocks. Keep an eye out for natural fruit, especially the taste explosion that is Maracuya (passion fruit). After lunch the hike continues along the Urubamba River, crossing it in cable car consisting in a car and pulley. your day of hiking ( around 16 km ) concludes with a visit to the impressive Santa Teresa hot springs .sink into the warm water and let the aches of the Inca jungle trail melt away .then continue hiking to Santa Teresa for dinner and a comfortable hostel (family house)
DAY 3 : SANTA TERESA (Zipline)– HYDROELECTRIC – AGUAS CALIENTES.
This day you have two option; you can either walk from Santa Teresa to Aguas Calientes (11 kilometers total ) or do a zip line tour in the morning (with transport to the hydroelectric station ) and walk the final 7 kilometers . whatever option you choose ? .the group will meet again in the hydroelectric station .for having lunch and after we will walk 3 hours along the train track to Aguas Calientes town . Where we are going to sleep at hostel and have dinner then get briefing about the guided tour in Machupicchu for the following day and you have option to visit the Aguas Calientes hot springs (20 soles entry)
* included zip line in Santa Teresa
DAY 4 : AGUAS CALIENTES – MACHU PICCHU – CUSCO
The most important day because we visit fully Machu picchu, we will Walk up 1:30 hours to the same Sanctuary of Machu picchu we will try to get as sun is rising up to see the sunrise or take postcard pictures so after a 20 minutes of free time to take pictures we are going to start exploring the city itself. Our guide will explain you the story of Machu picchu and then you will get free time to explore by yourselves to take pictures. In the afternoon you have to go down to aguas calientes town to take the train to ollantaytambo and then bus back to cusco.
- Pre-departure inka jungle briefing at Hotel.
- Professional Quechua Spanish and English speaking inka jungle trail tour guide
- Collection from your hotel (we pick you up where you are staying from) from 7:30am)
- Private Transportation Van Cusco – Abra Malaga – Santa Maria (first camping spot) NOTE The Private Van will accompany you. if somebody gets tired can take the van to santa maria *first camping spot only , then the Van will bring all bikes back to cusco.
- Tourist train (EXPEDITION) 18:20 hrs back from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo (2 hours aprox.) and then bus back to Cusco(1 and half hours aprox. )
- Entrance fee to Machu picchu (optional machupicchu Mountain, huaynapicchu Mountain.)
- Food: *3 breakfasts, 3 lunch, 3 dinners
- Mountain full suspension scott Bike ,Helmet and gloves
- 2 nights accommodation in a hostel santa maria, santa teresa, 01 night Hostal aguas calientes.
- Transfer train or bus station-hotel in Cusco
- First Aid kit and Free Luggage storage. When you go on the trek it is best to leave any luggage that you are not going to need behind in Cusco. Nearly all the hotels in Cusco provide a secure luggage deposit. Put any valuables in their safe. Very rarely do hotels charge for this service especially if you are returning to the same hotel after the trek. If there are any problems with your hotel we can arrange to store your luggage at our Mickey Tours office.
- *Vegetarian/special diet options free available.
- Rafting + Zipline.
- Breakfast on the first morning (ask at your hotel)
- Entrance to the hot springs water Santa Teresa / Colcalmayo 10 soles or Aguas Calientes 20 soles
- Bus ticket from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu (optional/ instead of walking) ( one way US$12 and you can Buy it at the Aguas Calientes bus station) aguas calientes to Machupicchu.
- Bus down tickets from Machupicchu to Aguas Calientes town US$ 12 one way
- Travel and health insurance.(bring copies with you please): Mickey Tours highly recommend to get an insurance of trip cancellation/interruption insurance to protect your travel investment. Included with your pre-departure package, bring your travel insurance to cover trip cancellation, interruption, baggage loss and delay, emergency medical evacuation insurance and emergency medical expense insurance.
This Inca jungle tour or inka jungle tour, is one of the options that includes climate variables and contains different activities, also known as Inca jungle trail of multi sport, therefore we recommend taking the tour:
- Comfortable footwear (if possible waterproof mountain shoes)
- Bath linen and towel (for the hot springs of Aguas Calientes)
- T-shirt and shorts for walks
- Sandals or flip flops
- Personal hygiene products
- Extra money (soles or dollars)
- Mosquito repellent.
- Flashlight or torch with extra batteries.
- Personal snack and water in bottle
- Hat or sun hat
- Personal cleaning (Toothpaste, Soap, Shampoo, Etc)
- Small backpack from 30 to 60 liters
2020 LAND COST
Please complete the form below to request a reservation. One of our Trip Coordinators will contact you, often within two business hours, to confirm availability of the trip and/or provide you with other options. Once availability is established, we will ask for a deposit and a completed online registration to confirm your spot on the trek or tours. Please write us to email@example.com or write at (+51) 978 292996 with any questions or to confirm availability over the whatsApp or phone.
Locations Visited: Ollantaytambo, Abra Malaga, Alfamayo, Huamanmarca, Santa Maria, Santa Teresa, Hidroelectrica, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, Cusco
Trip Style: Biking, Rafting, canopy Zip Line, Trekking, Cultural, Adventure, Nature
Length: 4 Days / 3 Nights
Frequency: Pickup is at 7:00 am from your hotel lobby and drop off will be around 10:00 pm aproximately.
Group: 2 person minimun, to more…