Another highlight will be Machu Picchu, one of the 7 wonders of the world and the most popular tourist attraction in Peru. You will enjoy a group day tour to Machu Picchu so that the most important moment during your time in Peru will be perfect. As our guide is specialized in Machu Picchu tours, he will show you spots that are perfect for pictures.
DAY 1 : Cusco
Welcome to Cusco! Upon your arrival to Cusco International Airport, a Mickey Tours staff member will be waiting to drive you to your hotel where you will have the rest of the day to rest.
NOTE: If you arrive early and have the afternoon free, we have two options, ATV Tour Maras and Lake Huaypo ($ 28.00) or Combined City Tour visiting, Sacsayhuaman, Tambomachay and Qenqo ($ 10.00 does not include income)
DAY 2: Sacred Valley Tour – Train to Machu Picchu
At 08:00, we pick you up from your hotel to take you to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, a lush agricultural region, created by the Urubamba River and an important source of food for the Incas that keep supplying the city of Cusco with a majority of its production until nowadays! Our first stop after half an hour is Pisaq. There we first visit its ruins of a large Incan city situated above the today´s Pisaq Town. Then, we descend by our car to the modern Pisaq to visit its famous traditional handicraft market.
After that, we head for lunch to Urubamba Town considered to be a capital of the valley. There, we have a buffet lunch in one of its lovely tourist restaurants offering traditional Andean cuisine.
Then, we continue our trip to later visit the still alive Incan town of Ollantaytambo, where our Tour Guide guided us around its Incan fortres and explains us about its purpose and history. The town and fortres are strategically located overlooking the beautiful valley! This major ruin site is known as the best surviving example of the Incan urban planning and engineering. It is admired for its huge steep terraces guarding the Incan fortress and for being one of the couple places where Spaniards lost a major battle during their conquest!
Then we take the Train to Machu Picchu and spend one night. Our guide will visit your hotel and he will give the briefing for the next date.
DAY 3 : Machu Picchu
Very early we wake up and you get on a shuttle bus taking you up to the archaeological complex of Machu Picchu following a zigzag path for about 25 minutes.
Once in Machu Pichu, your Tour Guide introduces you the most important attractions of this antique Incan site such as its main square, the Sun Temple, Intiwatana (Sun Clock), the Royal Rooms, the Temple of the Three Windows and the Royal Incas Cemetery. This guided tour takes about 2 and half an hour and then you are given time off to explore around the complex and to climb Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain to take some amazing panoramic photos of Machu Picchu. So please do not forget your camera and enjoy the visit of the «One of the New 7 Wonders of the World» !!
When you have enjoy the site enough, you take a shuttle bus down to Aguas Calientes where you can have lunch (not included in the package) in one of many lovely restaurants offering traditional Andean as well as international cuisine.
In the afternoon, we take a train back to Ollantaytambo where our driver expects us in front of the railway station to transfer us to Cusco.
DAY 4 : Cusco – Phulahuasipata – Cusipata – Rainbow Mountain – Cusco
Pick up will be early in the morning to begin our journey by vehicle to Cusipata, for an average of 2 hours. In this town we will have breakfast in a local family restaurant, then we will continue our trip to Phulahuasipata for another hour with the same tourist transport.
From this place we will begin the walk that lasts approximately 1 hour and a half, until we reach the highest point in the mountain viewpoint, above the 5100 m altitude. From this place it is possible to observe the Ausangate mountain and the Rainbow Vinicunca mountain, if the weather conditions permit.
After reaching the top, we will have some time and take the opportunity to take photos, before starting the descent that has an estimated duration of 1 hour. The Tour takes place on the same road to our vehicle and we move to the Cusipata community where we will have lunch. After eating and recovering energy, we will continue the trip back to Plaza San Francisco in Cusco, where our activity ends.
DAY 5 : Cusco Farewell
Depending on the departure time of your flight, our driver will pick you up to take you to the airport. Once you arrive to the airport our program will finish and have a great experience with Mickey Tours.
- Transport (transfer) Airport – Hotel.
- Tourist transport for the Sacred Valley Tour.
- Professional guide service for the Sacred Valley Tour.
- Entrance to Pisac and Ollantaytambo.
- Buffet Lunch at Urubamba (Sacred Valley).
- Train Tickets, Train Station (Ollantaytambo) – Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu).
- 1 Night Hostal in Aguas Calientes.
- Bus Tickets Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes.
- Entrance Ticket to Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide service for Machu Picchu (group service).
- Train Tickets, Aguas Calientes (Machu Picchu) – Train Station of Ollantaytambo.
- Transport round trip service for the Rainbow Mountain.
- 1 Breakfast, 1 buffet lunch in the Rainbow Mountain Tour.
- Professional guide service for the Rainbow Mountain Tour.
- Transport (transfer) Hotel – Airport.
- Entrance to Rainbow Mountain (10 soles).
- Extra Meals.
- Original passport and migration card (TAM)
- Sneakers or hiking shoes
- We strongly recommend to bring your Camel Back and water canteen due to that government of Peru will not
- allow disposable plastic bottles anymore on the Inca trail and in Machu Picchu.
- Raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Warm jacket
- Gloves and hat
- Long-sleeved shirts
- Long pants.
- Insect repellent
- Sunscreen, sunhat, sunglasses
- Medicine and / or personal items/toiletries
- Toilet paper
- A backpack or lightweight suitcase (between 5-6 kilos for tours in Machu Picchu)
- Camera or camcorder, film, memory cards
- Cash in small denominations of Peruvian nuevo soles
- Bathing suit for the hot springs (optional)
2020 LAND COST
Please complete the form below to request a reservation. One of our Trip Coordinators will contact you, often within two business hours, to confirm availability of the trip and/or provide you with other options. Once availability is established, we will ask for a deposit and a completed online registration to confirm your spot on the trek or tours. Please write us to firstname.lastname@example.org or write at (+51) 978 292996 with any questions or to confirm availability over the whatsApp or phone.
Locations Visited: Cusco, Pisac Archaelogical Site, Pisac Typical Market, Urubamba, Ollantaytambo, Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu, Rainbow Mountain
Trip Style: Traditional, Nature, Cultural
Length: 5 Days / 4 Nights
Frequency: Every Day
Group: 2 persons minimun, to more…
Difficulty: Easy, Moderate